|Loran Williams Jr.
Presentation of a Project Proposal for a Video Streaming System for the Texas Education Telecommunications Network
|Unit 9: 5/28/05 – 6/03/05|
Task 1: Submit the completed RFP to the stakeholder to request formal vendor proposals. [Completed]
Major accomplishments: The stakeholder has received, and is prepared to submit the RFP for vendor proposals.
Task 2: Complete the IAL project final report and upload it to the IAL Project Web site. [Completed]
accomplishments: The final report was completed per Dr. Bender's
instructions and uploaded to my IAL Tracking Web site for review.
I had no problems or decisions this week. I used most of my time on the project considering lessons learned for the final report.
I didn't receive any feedback this week due to the project being finished. The stakeholder did review my final report as required, but didn't have any comments to add. I included how feedback has helped me throughout the project in the lessons learned section of the final report.
2) What resources did you use this week (e.g., people, money, equipment, systems, or software)? Did you add new resources? What was your learning?
The stakeholder and Microsoft Word were the only resources used this week. As I reflect back on the project I believe my learning is that I need to consider more resources in my project planning next time. Every project has a business or legal component that needs to be taken into account.
3) What research did you perform this week that was assisting and/or literature based? What is your findings/learning?
Research Question: What is the value of closing out a project?
Source: To answer this question I used the following book and document:
Answer: Closing out a project is important because you determine what worked well so it can be repeated on the next project, and what did not work well so that it is not repeated.
Learning: Reflection of completed work takes time when all you really want to do is just move on, but the lessons learned from this will save time and effort on the next project.
4) What did you learn this week in general in producing your project?
This is the
culmination of this project and my degree program at Capella. In general
I learned, or maybe realized, I'm very glad to be done. I also have a
renewed appreciation of the people that do project management full time.
No problems to report again this week.
2) How well did you stick to your project schedule?
The project is complete a little over a week ahead of schedule.
3) How prepared are you to conclude your project in Unit 10 as required in this course?
4) How likely is it that you will need to resort to your contingency plan?